Thursday 29 March 2012

The Sculpt has Begun

With only 15 days left to create the Six Armed Nutter, I have to pick up the pace a little. I have finished the tone on the main torso. I had very few problems with this area apart from figuring out how pronounced I should make the definition. I solved this just through experimentation and figuring out what works best. I found that, when I did not know the muscle groups by heart, as I do with the neck, chest and deltoid, I needed to use Classic Human Anatomy; The Artist's Guide to Form, Function and Movement by Valerie L Winslow as anatomical reference.

The only real problem is that I forgot to turn mirroring on when I was doing the second arm down. I also forgot to set up incremental saves. This means I have to make sure that the other side is absoloutly identical, which is extremly difficult. It is more likely I will treat the two symmetrical arms as seperate arms, I will attempt to keep incremental saves from now so that I do not create any more work for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment