Friday 18 November 2011

The Board Game is Done!

Finally after a long effort the board game is done. Using Joeys designs for the board, pieces and box, we printed them off onto adhesive vinyl and stuck them onto mounting board. I am very happy with the box and board. I also helped in the production of the pieces, where we used Fimo. Much cleaner and easier to sculpt with than clay. Although, due to overbaking, we do have a few mutant "alien 3" pieces. Luckily, they are barely noticable with the designs placed over them.

After the box, board and pieces had been put together, we playtested the new board. It works more than fine. My only worry is that using symbols instead of the original number to identify the different classes may not have been a great idea. It makes the system harder to work out and takes a little longer than usual to get into a game.

I have looked over the PDF with all our written work, compiled by Julliette. I am very happy with its design and content. Honestly, there isn't much I feel like needs improving in this area.

My last and most recent task was to put together the rule book. The rules and illustrations has already been made for the PDF and Joey created a good front cover and design for the pages. The only problem with the rule book is that, whilst trying to replicate Joeys title font for some of the rules section headers, I may have ended making the font look a little tacky.

Although, as with any project I have or likely will do, there are problems, I believe that it came out much better than I could have anticipated. I am proud to have been apart of the project and to know that I had a part in the creation of the board game with a group of very creative and productive people.

No comments:

Post a Comment