Thursday 23 February 2012

Rough Draft Complete

With no response from Bioware and the deadline slowly looming, I decided to create a very rough first draft of the research report done. The intention of this is to get all of the research I have collected onto a page in a semi-structured way and find out if anymore research needs to be done. I found that I had collected more than enough information on how to get into the industry and the role of the Games Designer, but not nearly enough on the Concept Artist.
The role of the Concept Artist is much more straight forward to describe, or so it seems from my research, than that of the games designer, which has many variations. This means that I need to find out more about the role of the Concept Artist than just their job deescription and more about the skills involved and what the promotional ladder looks like.
Although there is very little time left, I believe that, with a bit of last minute focus, I can still pull a first with this essay if I focus, not only on an abundance of research, but, more importantly strong, concise and clear writing, which I believe was lacking from my last essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment