Thursday 26 April 2012

Finishing the Homeless Survivor

After figuring out a good painting technique whilst designing my Kokiri Door I decided to use the same technique. Using a chalk brushe with varying opacity I bagan adding tone to my homeless survivor. Not having a lot of time left to finish my paintings I didn't get the chance to add much more to the "after" picture to suggest he had been through an apocalypse. As I finished up the after picture I realised how little time I had left and had to tine the pile of corpse he was sitting on in order to blend properly.

I would have liked a lot more time on this. However, I feel doing this on a short deadline is pretty much the point. I also feel like I need to improve my knowledge of lighting and colour a lot more. I don't things the forms themselves are as disastrous as they could have been, but I think I do need to draw a lot more fabric and develop a style to draw people with, making it easier to draw them quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment