Sunday 13 May 2012

Finished on the Six Armed Nutter

With the deadline in a few hours and me only just completing my door, I didn't manage to do nearly as much to my Armed and Dangerous Project as I would have liked. After taking a look at what really needed doing, I focused on quickly sculpting in the hair. This turned out to be fairly easy, although with more time I would have added much more detail. Still I think the lower level of detail works with his cartoony appearance. However, after working on my door project, I did figure out that the reason the paint looked a little bit off was because of bad UVs. I now know how to correctly unwrap UVs and next time I will be more than capable.
After sculpting the hair I decided to colour it green, the pure reason being that it gave the character a less human and slightly more grimey look, which I think works on him.
One big problem I had towards the end was that Mudbox 2013 tend to like unloading UVs when it thinks the object is hidden. This happened with the eyes since they where inside a sphere I was using as the eye lens. I tried taking the model back into Mudbox 2012 but this didn't work, possibly because of a backward compatability issue with Mudbox 2012 and 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment