Thursday 19 April 2012

ConceptArt.org's Character of the Week: Horror Survivor

Failing to get the Armed & Dangerous project done on time, I decided to do another competition whilst still finishing up my Armed and Dangerous Character. The competition I chose was the Character of the Week competition on ConceptArt.org which forces me to work to a brief on a tight deadline, clearly something I need to improve upon. The deadline for this competition is the 22nd of April.
The brief of this weeks competition is to create a character that has just survived Horror film-like circumstances. You must show them before and after the event. My idea was to have an old homeless man who would profit from the unattended shops and homes, providing he can survive the zombie horde. The first thing I did was to scour google images to find images of homeless bearded men as reference. I then created this rough and initial sketch.
I want to try and get the "before" image at a less orthographic angle. At the moment he looks a bit too 2d. The one on the right is good for pose and silouette, but I feel I could add a few more token of what he has been through. On the left, similarly I feel I should add a few token of who he was (can of Special Brew, hat for change, etc.).
Once I have the silouette and outline sorted I will try to add some block values before moving onto colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment